Joyful Anticipation

10:02 AM

Hi guys! Just so you know I’m still alive.

After two and a half years, I’ve finally been able to free myself from the chains of corporate life. While I still don’t know how to manage my finances I feel a little better now. I’m really happy that I’ve been able to pursue my interest in filmmaking.



In fact, last month I participated in the Davao Ngilngig Film Festival which had the theme ‘Town Tales and Superstitions’. Our entry, Panabi , was our workshop output from a film camp that took place last June. Today, I’ll be heading to General Santos City to participate in an intensive learning program for aspiring filmmakers in Mindanao and attend the Salamindanaw Asian Film Festival.

I honestly don’t know how I got myself into all of these but maybe it’s a combination of my passion, being surrounded by very supportive and generous individuals and perhaps some stroke of luck. I’m just so ecstatic and I can’t wait for this vorfreude to actualize. I may be jobless at the moment but I’m feeling very blessed.

In case you want to know, I wasn't able to save any money from my previous job. Hahaha. So I've been really struggling to get by these days. I've been worrying about where I'd get the pocket money to attend this event and all. But yeah, I managed to get some projects and work out some deals. As a matter of fact, through the help of my friend Kuya Avel, I now have a place to stay in Gensan a day before the festival.

I will be staying at Driggs Suites, the newest tourist Inn in Gensan. I heard they’ve been running for more than a year now and have offered excellent service and accommodation to their guests. I can’t wait to share with you some photos of my accommodation. But for the meantime, please check them out on facebook.

I know I've been really dark, gloomy and depressive for the past year but that doesn't mean I can't be thankful for anything. So let me take this opportunity to thank everyone who's been with me at my lowest and let's hope for more posts like this especially now that I'm trying to pursue what I love.

I'll keep this short for now! Til my next post. <3

You Might Also Like

0 comments



Subscribe